Some women stay invisible because they don't use their voices. Speaking School for Women founder, Angela Lussier, knows this trick all too well as once "shy girl." After realizing the impact on her own career, she spoke...and went on to become an award-winning speaker with 500+ presentations under her belt – including 2 TEDx talks. For Angela's next trick, she created the Speaking School for Women to train creative, entrepreneurial women to become well-paid, in-demand speakers. She is the host of the Claim the Stage podcast and her work has been featured on ABC, NBC, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
Special Note: Get Angela’s Present Like a Pro! 10-Part Email Course FREE by emailing her here.
Learn more about Angela and the Speaking School for Women over here.
Listen to the complete episode in any of these fine places:
Selected link love and resources from the episode
- Connect with Angela on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
- Speaking School for Women
- Speaker Sisterhood Clubs
- Claim the Stage podcast
- fatboy beanbag chairs
- Sloop John B by The Beach Boys on the Songs to Energize playlist
- Kickass Theme Music: “Things Are Getting Better” Written by Rishi Dhir. Performed by The High Dials.
- Stay in the loop about future Le vital corps Salon episodes: Twitter | Facebook | The List (sent monthly-ish including helpful health + lifestyle information)
Quotes, questions considered + other nuggets from the episode
- Why be medium-comfy when you can be super-comfy?
- Is trying to be invisible working against you?
- You're never going to be ready; you just have to start.
- Public speaking is like getting a master's degree in your own psyche.
- How to survive worst case scenario speaking events and what they can teach you
- What helped Angela stave off the fear of public speaking as a fledgling speaker?
- Audience matters.
- How Angela is able to turn her brain down a bit to ultimately be more creative
- What's a dead giveaway that you're not working to your greatest potential?
- What happens when you're afraid of being wrong?
- How to evaluate worst case scenarios versus best possible outcomes
- What 3 questions helped Angela make the shift from entrepreneurship to creating a speaking school?
Want to find more episodes?
Easy. Peasy. All Le vital corps Salon episodes live over here and are ready to make your ears happy. Thanks for tuning in!
Subscribe to Le vital corps Salon podcast
Got something to say? A question? An idea for a future guest? The comment section is there for you, IF you can (1) be excellent to others, (2) ask or say things like you're talking to a real human, and (3) be critical without being nasty. If you can't do that, prepare to be deleted. Otherwise, have fun and merci beaucoup for adding to the convo.