Are you using productivity to do more shouldy obligatory tasks or something that actually contributes to a life spiked with passion + slathered with joy? If you’re more the former than the latter, I’ve got a show for you. RJ Redden (@QueenNinjaGuru) helps badass individuals conquer technology, rock their productivity practices, and master their time and talents. We’ll cover the dark side of productivity practices, what to do when your job is going to shit, and what can really happen after you think, "I’ll show you." (Hint: A lot of cool stuff.)
RJ is hosting a workshop on October 26th to help stop shoulding all over yourself once and for all. Learn more at: http://goshouldless.com
Learn more about RJ right here.
Listen to the complete episode in any of these fine places:
Selected link love and resources from the episode
- Connect with RJ on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | LinkedIn | The Dojo (Facebook Group)
- Megan Atkinson
- Pomodoro Technique
- Queen Ninja Guru (to listen to RJ’s livestream at 2pm CT every Monday-Thursday)
- Rory’s Story Cubes
- Xoom Cubes
- Franklin Covey
- Big Rocks
- Inbox Zero
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Locus of control
- The National’s High Violet
- The Counting Crows’ Have You Seen Me Lately? Accoustic and Electric
- Everything But The Girl’s Walking Wounded
- Blue Jeans
- My livestream discussion with RJ (about obligation, desire and the 33k Task List Project)
- Kickass Theme Music: “Things Are Getting Better” Written by Rishi Dhir. Performed by The High Dials.
- Stay in the loop about future Le vital corps Salon episodes:
Twitter | Facebook | The List (sent monthly-ish including helpful health + lifestyle information)
Quotes, questions considered + other nuggets from the episode
- What’s useful about unfocused, creative time?
- The dark side of productivity is littered with notifications. -RJ Redden What can you do about?
- On Inbox Zero and batching: Open your inbox. Do it. Delegate it. Or delete it. Close your inbox.
- How can folks find peace in the deluge, especially when you feel like you need to provide people with instant access to you?
- You cannot be productive if you’re not present. –RJ Redden
- What happens when your boss is squeezing you out of the company or it’s just not the right fit? What can you do?
- Cleaning your garage can be a therapeutic contribution.
- Fashion Week is in Bryant Park in NYC, not Omaha.
- When I design the experience, I get 1000% more out of it. –RJ Redden
- What happened when RJ dropped some shoulds and why we should go shouldless? (Hint: Shoulds cover wants.)
- It’s not possible to bottle someone else’s discovery. One must do it themselves. Just take a step. -RJ Redden
Want to find more episodes?
Easy. Peasy. All Le vital corps Salon episodes live over here and are ready to make your ears happy. Thanks for tuning in!
Subscribe to Le vital corps Salon podcast
Got something to say? A question? An idea for a future guest? The comment section is there for you, IF you can (1) be excellent to others, (2) ask or say things like you're talking to a real human, and (3) be critical without being nasty. If you can't do that, prepare to be deleted. Otherwise, have fun and merci beaucoup for adding to the convo.