I dig data. I dig counting things. I was a card-carrying CPA for about 12 years, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that I have a multi-tabbed spreadsheet called 33K Everything tracking everything related to this project. Each quarter, I'll post an update of how the project is moving along numbers-wise.
The Highlights at 12/31/2016
- Total Lists Collected: 230
- Number of countries represented (including the U.S.): 5 (Thank you, women of Australia, France, Sweden and the United Kingdom!)
- Number of states represented: 12
- The state with the most task lists donated: Massachusetts with 94 (Thank you, Massholes. I'll always be one of you. Heads up! The women of New Jersey aren't playing at 2nd place.)
- Task lists to go(al): 32,770
While it could be incredibly easy to focus on how many lists I have to go, I'm choosing to celebrat the 230 lists that I have collected to date. Most of those these task lists come from the women who supported me when this project was just an idea living in a notebook. Most were collected by word of mouth - my big mouth. Many arrived to my Post Office box while I boxed-up my belongings and moved back to the NYC-area. Their arrival helped me feel connected to other women when I felt far away from many of them.
What would make 2017 a banner year for the 33k Task List Project?*
- Women mail their task lists. By the end of this year, I will be receiving at least 500 task lists (or more!) each month.
- I will secure at least 1 (or more!) sponsor(s) to pledge $1 for every task list collected to go to a woman- or girl-empowering charitable organization.
*No wishy-washy language up in here. Thank you.
What's the best way to help right now?
Because every time you click, like, tag a friend, retweet or share, you help:
- Grow awareness for the project among other potential task list-making women
- Gather the raw materials for a large-scale art installation
- Examine and change the conversation around stress, obligation and desire
Can I count on your help this year?