Amber Ladley is a creative entrepreneur who has spent over 15 years building websites and has a lifelong passion for crafting. She is currently self-employed and enjoys sharing her technical expertise with small businesses who wish to enhance their online presence. In addition, Amber offers creativity and upcycling workshops through her latest venture, Happily Upcycled. Her innovative approach to tapping into creativity provides attendees a healthy dose of digital detox and inspires them to see potential in unexpected materials.
In 2014, Amber was named Top Woman in Web/Graphic Design by Western Mass Women’s Magazine. In 2012, she cofounded Knack: The Art of Clever Reuse, a business she later sold, and was featured in Preview Magazine, Business West, the Hampshire Gazette, and the Republican.
Listen to the complete episode in any of these fine places:
Selected link love and resources from the episode
- Connect with Amber on social media: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | LinkedIn
- Follow Happily Upcycled on social media: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Calm (meditation app Amber recommends)
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Time Out (time-blocker software)
- Knack: The Art of Clever Reuse (located in Western MA)
- The 33k Task List Project (for handmade envelope pattern)
- Craftworking (a new networking alternative)
- Bob Dylan's She Belongs to Me on the Songs to Soothe playlist
- Kickass Theme Music: “Things Are Getting Better” Written by Rishi Dhir. Performed by The High Dials.
- Stay in the loop about future Le vital corps Salon episodes: Twitter | Facebook | The List (sent monthly-ish including helpful health + lifestyle information)
Quotes, questions considered + other nuggets from the episode
- The internet is such an amazing place. Today we can learn anything we possibly might think we want more information about. #truth
- What are the 2 most important questions to ask yourself before you create or update a website?
- Start simple: A website is always a work-in-process.
- How Amber realistically meditates as a wife, mom of 2, and owner of 2 businesses.
- What surprising bit of self-care happens every 3 days that staves off burnout?
- The importance of recognizing your spouse or partner's daily flow/routine, especially when you have a home office
- You have the choice on how you're going to react.
- How do you know when to get up and walk away when mired in something?
- When feeling the fear, what's the 1 question Amber uses to ground herself?
- How does Amber define success for herself? It might not be what you think.
- The mental health benefits and creative boost from crafting
- Craftworking and why no one wants to work with the "competent asshole"
- What happens when you and your business partner burn out and something has to give?
- Hard won lessons from the entrepreneurial road
- A modern woman is someone who lives with an open mind, wears a lot of hats, and does the best she can with what she's got.
Want to find more episodes?
Easy. Peasy. All Le vital corps Salon episodes live over here and are ready to make your ears happy. Thanks for tuning in!
Subscribe to Le vital corps Salon podcast
Got something to say? A question? An idea for a future guest? The comment section is there for you, IF you can (1) be excellent to others, (2) ask or say things like you're talking to a real human, and (3) be critical without being nasty. If you can't do that, prepare to be deleted. Otherwise, have fun and merci beaucoup for adding to the convo.